(Adds detail on increase in plant capacity in fourth paragraph, byline ) By Jui Chakravorty YPSILANTI, Mich., May 30 (Reuters) - General Motors Corp. on Tuesday said it would invest $170 million to produce more efficient six-speed automatic transmissions. The company said the new transmissions produced at the Ypsilanti, Michigan, plant, which will debut in some 2007 Cadillac models, will offer better performance and improved fuel economy. GM said it would invest $125 million in the ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 2-GM invests to make more efficient transmissions" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642