(Recasts) TORONTO, Aug 21 (Reuters) - General Motors Corp. said on Monday it will make the latest version of its legendary Chevrolet Camaro muscle car at its major Canadian plant just outside Toronto, a decision that will save thousands of jobs at the facility. The automaker said production of the Camaro, which was GM's main muscle car from 1967 to 2002, will begin in late 2008 at Oshawa, Ontario, about an hour's drive east of Toronto. The new Camaro is set to arrive in showrooms by ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 2-GM to make reborn Camaro in Canada, save jobs" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.