(Adds background, details) By Kevin Krolicki and David Bailey DETROIT, April 30 (Reuters) - General Motors Corp on Wednesday posted a first-quarter loss due to a costly supplier strike, waning demand for its most profitable vehicles and charges related to struggling former subsidiaries, although results beat Wall Street expectations. GM, whose shares rose nearly 4 percent in pre-market trading, also took a $1.45-billion charge for its remaining investment in finance company GMAC and a ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 2-GM posts quarterly loss on strike, charges" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.