* GM invests $7 mln in battery start-up, licenses tech * Asahi Kasei, Asahi Glass, venture backers join funding * Envia raises total $17 mln (Adds detail on additional investors, Lauckner quote, Volt background) DETROIT, Jan 27 (Reuters) - General Motors Co has invested $7 million in Envia Systems, a California-based start-up that has been developing more powerful and cheaper batteries for electric vehicles. Newark, California-based Envia has developed cathode technology for ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 2-GM takes stake in battery startup Envia" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642