(Adds details, background, quotes from executives) By Jui Chakravorty DETROIT, July 31 (Reuters) - General Motors Corp on Tuesday said it flipped to a quarterly net profit, trouncing Wall Street estimates as it benefited from cost-cutting, a better mix of products and growing sales overseas. GM, whose shares rose about 6 percent in early electronic trading following the results, posted a net profit of $891 million, or $1.56 a share, compared with a net loss of $3.4 billion, or $5.98 a ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 2-GM trounces estimates, shares surge" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.