(Recasts throughout; updates with comments from UAW President, union dissident, detail from union locals; changes byline) By Kevin Krolicki DETROIT, Sept 21 (Reuters) - Negotiations between General Motors Corp and the United Auto Workers union were making progress on Friday, UAW President Ron Gettelfinger said, adding that the union wanted to see faster progress and a resolution without a disruptive strike. "We are continuing to make progress; however, we are pushing to accelerate the ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 2-GM, UAW make progress, union shuns strike" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.