(Adds details on GMAC move, background on auto lease market, changes dateline) DETROIT, July 29 (Reuters) - Finance company GMAC said on Tuesday it would stop financing most vehicle leases in Canada, a shake-up in strategy that could could threaten GM sales and underscores the growing pressure on North American auto sales from tight credit. The end of subsidized leases on GM vehicles in Canada, which takes effect on Friday, follows a more sweeping move by Chrysler Financial to end ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 2-GMAC to stop subsidized auto leasing in Canada" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642