(Adds Saab executive comments from news conference, analyst comment, details) By Madeline Chambers FRANKFURT, Nov 27 (Reuters) - General Motors Corp's loss-making Saab unit said on Wednesday it would to cut 20 percent of its workforce, or about 1,300 jobs, in an overhaul aimed at improving the Swedish car maker's financial situation from 2003. Saab said the job cuts, mainly in southern Sweden, would be accompanied by a streamlining of its engineering organisation and cooperation on ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 2-GM's Saab to cut 1,300 jobs in overhaul" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.