(Adds analyst comments, latest share prices, background) TOKYO, Nov 26 (Reuters) - Goldman Sachs has broken off talks with Panasonic Corp for now on selling its stake in Sanyo Electric after the electronics maker made an offer below Sanyo's current stock price. Panasonic, the world's largest maker of plasma TVs, said this month that it wanted to buy smaller rival Sanyo but had not set a price with Goldman and Sanyo's two other main shareholders [ID:nT305137]. The deal would boost ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 2-Goldman breaks off talks with Panasonic over Sanyo" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.