(Rewrites, adds analyst's remarks, stock activity, byline) By David Bailey CHICAGO, June 21 (Reuters) - Goodyear Tire & Rubber Co. said it will exit one-third of its North American private label tire business and cut production in the area by 8 percent in the process to focus on more profitable tires. Goodyear, whose shares rose 4 percent, also said on Wednesday that 2006 operating income in its key North American Tire unit will fall below 2005 levels because of weak tire demand ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 2-Goodyear exiting some private label tire business" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642