(Adds analyst quotes, shares) By Pete Harrison LONDON, June 27 (Reuters) - Travellers switching from cars to bus and rail due to environmental concerns helped Britain's Stagecoach boost year profit by 38 percent, beating forecasts, as it reported a strong start to its new financial year. "Environmental issues had a major impact on both bus and rail," Chief Executive Brian Souter told reporters. "In the south, particularly the cathedral cities, we're seeing a modal shift onto the bus." ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 2-Green travellers help Stagecoach profit rise 38%" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.