* Hybrid cars becoming low-margin game for car makers-analyst * Honda, Toyota shares both down 0.6 pct (Recasts with comment from analyst) By Yumiko Nishitani TOKYO, June 24 (Reuters) - Honda Motor Co 's new hybrid car will cost one fifth less than the cheapest hybrid on the Japanese market, according to a newspaper report -- a move that may make hybrids low profit margin models for automakers. The new car will cost around 1.5 million yen ($16,570), making it the cheapest hybrid in ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 2-Honda new hybrid to be cheapest one in Japan -paper" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.