(Adds details of incentive scheme, Honda comments) By Trirat Puttajanyawong BANGKOK, March 19 (Reuters) - Honda Motor Co will invest an initial $167 million in a Thai production line to build a new compact car for 2007, a Thai minister said on Friday. The production line would have a capacity of 100,000 cars a year, Vice Industry Minister Vatchara Panchet told reporters after a meeting between Thai Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra and Honda President Takeo Fukui. That would nearly ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 2-Honda plans new Thai compact car in 2007 -minister" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.