(Recasts with operating profit figure, adds comments) By Chang-Ran Kim, Asia autos correspondent TOKYO, July 25 (Reuters) - Honda Motor Co's quarterly earnings handily beat market estimates but it cut its annual profit and global car sales forecasts as it battles with rising costs for raw materials and a crumbling U.S. auto market. Quarterly net profit at Japan's No.2 automaker and the world's top motorcycle maker showed a surprise 8 percent rise thanks to brisk sales in China, Brazil ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 2-Honda Q1 beats expectations but lowers forecasts" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.