(Recasts throughout, adds company and analysts' comments) By Chang-Ran Kim, Asia auto correspondent TOKYO, Jan 31 (Reuters) - Honda Motor Co. posted a smaller-than-expected rise in quarterly profit as fierce competition in China weighed on sales, and it left its operating profit forecast unchanged despite a big lift from a weaker yen. The world's second-most valuable carmaker, with a market worth of $72 billion, had been riding demand for its small and fuel-efficient cars amid ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 2-Honda Q3 up but disappoints amid tough competition" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.