(Adds by-line, investor's comments, more details) By Chang-Ran Kim TOKYO, Jan 31 (Reuters) - Honda Motor Co, Japan's No. 2 automaker, on Friday posted a jump in its quarterly profits and raised its full-year forecast thanks to upbeat sales of the Pilot sport utility and other popular models in the United States. Honda's operations are suffering in Japan due to slack demand and fierce competition, but its cars are rolling out of North American showrooms faster than supply can keep up. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 2-Honda Q3 profit jumps, ups 02/03 forecast" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.