(Recasts throughout with details, analyst and company comments) By Chang-Ran Kim, Asia auto correspondent TOKYO, April 26 (Reuters) - Japan's Honda Motor Co. posted a 27 percent jump in fourth-quarter net earnings on brisk overseas sales, but forecast its first earnings drop in five years for 2005/06 as stiff competition in China hurts profitability. The results came one day after rival Nissan Motor Co. kicked off the earnings season for Japanese auto makers with an 11 percent jump in ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 2-Honda Q4 jumps but China seen hitting 05/06 profit" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642