(Updates throughout) By Chang-Ran Kim, Asia auto correspondent TOKYO, May 21 (Reuters) - Honda Motor Co said on Wednesday it would launch a new low-cost, hybrid car in Japan, North America and Europe in early 2009 as it aims to overtake rival Toyota Motor Corp in the green car race. Despite the pressure of record-high oil prices and concerns over climate change, fuel-efficient and low-emission hybrids still occupy a small niche in the global car market, partly due to their high costs ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 2-Honda to roll out cheap new hybrid model in early '09" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642