(Adds truck plan completion, para 7 and 8) SEOUL, Jan 16 (Reuters) - South Korea's top auto maker, Hyundai Motor Co , forecast on Friday an operating profit of 2.6 trillion won ($2.19 billion) for 2004 and scaled back investment by about one fifth from an earlier projection. The profit estimate for 2003 has not been released. Hyundai, which controls 48 percent of South Korea's 20 trillion won auto market, said it aimed to sell 2.145 million vehicles this year worth 31 trillion won. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 2-Hyundai Motor forecasts $2.19 bln op profit in '04" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642