(Adds fund manager, company comments, details, shares) By Kim Kyoung-wha SEOUL, July 29 (Reuters) - Hyundai Motor Co. , South Korea's top auto maker, reported an 11 percent drop in second-quarter profits on Thursday, pinched by higher steel prices and slow domestic sales, but the fall was less than expected. Healthy exports to China and Europe led sales higher and compensated for lagging demand at home, where consumers are shackled by huge credit card debts. Domestic sales are ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 2-Hyundai Motor Q2 net shrinks as costs bite" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.