(Adds fund managers, updates shares) By Kim Kyoung-wha SEOUL, April 28 (Reuters) - Hyundai Motor Co. , South Korea's top auto maker, posted a surprise 14 percent jump in first-quarter profit on Thursday on better-than-expected contributions from its Chinese and Indian operations. But operating profit tumbled by almost a third, hit by a strong won , higher steel prices and a sluggish local economy that could continue to undermine its performance. Shares in Hyundai, South Korea's ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 2-Hyundai Mtr Q1 net up, operating profit slumps" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642