(Updates shares, adds quote, analyst) By Cheon Jong-woo SEOUL, April 24 (Reuters) - Hyundai Motor Co , South Korea's top auto maker, missed forecasts with a 28 percent rise in first quarter profit as foreign exchange losses and higher raw material costs weighed, sending its shares down over 4 percent. While a weaker won currency helped boost sales of models such as the Sonata sedan and the Santa Fe sports utility abroad, it also contributed to steeper prices for inputs such as steel ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 2-Hyundai Q1 profit misses f'cast; shares fall" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.