(Updates with analysts, shares) By Cheon Jong-woo SEOUL, Jan 25 (Reuters) - Hyundai Motor Co. , South Korea's top auto maker, posted a surprise 8.6 percent drop in quarterly operating profit on Thursday, hit by a stronger won and weaker sales in a fiercely competitive global market. But the world's No.6 auto maker along with its affiliate Kia Motors Corp. is expected to do better this year as raw material costs soften, car prices rise and overseas sales improve. The won is forecast to ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 2-Hyundai Q4 operating profit drops; competition's tough" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.