(Adds company comments) By Rina Chandran MUMBAI, April 24 (Reuters) - India's top car maker, Maruti Suzuki India Ltd , posted a surprise 34 percent fall in quarterly net profit as a large depreciation charge outweighed higher sales, knocking its shares lower. Maruti, 54.2 percent owned by Japan's Suzuki Motor Corp , has about half the India car market with models such as the best-selling Alto and Swift hatchbacks. It has been shifting consumers to premium cars such as its SX4 and ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 2-Indian automaker Maruti Suzuki profit falls 34 pct" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.