(Adds further details, quotes from the news conference) MUMBAI, May 18 (Reuters) - India's top bus and truck maker Tata Motors Ltd. beat forecasts with a 26 percent rise in quarterly net profit on Friday, helped by sales of higher-margin trucks. The New York-listed company , which has about 60 percent of India's $5 billion truck and bus market, said net profit rose to 5.77 billion rupees ($141 million) in its fiscal fourth-quarter to March, on net sales which grew 20.3 percent to 82.67 ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 2-Indian Tata Motors profit up 26 pct, beats forecasts" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642