(Recasts with details from news conference) By Sumana Ramanan BOMBAY, May 19 (Reuters) - Bajaj Auto Ltd , India's second-biggest motorcycle maker, said on Wednesday quarterly profit rose by nearly a third, beating market expectations, as it sold 10 percent more vehicles than it did a year earlier. Bajaj said it aimed to raise its share of the world's biggest motorbike market after China to 30 percent by March 2005 from about a quarter last year, while boosting exports by 30 percent. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 2-India's Bajaj Auto Q4 net profit beats forecasts" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.