(Adds comments, closing share price) By Rina Chandran MUMBAI, Jan 31 (Reuters) - Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd. , India's top tractor and utility vehicle maker, posted a better-than-expected 75 percent rise in quarterly profit on Tuesday, sending its shares surging to a record high. Firms in India's quickly growing auto industry have sought to slash costs as commodity prices boosted their input bills. But raw material costs fell 30 percent in the quarter, helping lift operating margins ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 2-India's Mahindra Q3 net up 75 pct, beats forecast" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.