(Adds quotes, stock price closing, detail) By Shailendra Bhatnagar NEW DELHI, May 25 (Reuters) - Maruti Udyog Ltd., India's largest carmaker, launched its much awaited Swift premium hatchback car on Wednesday hoping to claw back lost market share in the hugely competitive industry. New Delhi-based Maruti , 54.2 percent owned by Suzuki Motor Corp, priced the modern European style hatchback at a competitive 387,000 rupees ($8,895) to 485,000 rupees to meet the challenge from aggressive ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 2-India's Maruti launches Swift to win back share" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642