(Adds detail, analyst comments) By Rina Chandran MUMBAI, July 27 (Reuters) - India's leading car maker, Maruti Udyog Ltd. , pushed up quarterly net profit by two-thirds, beating market forecasts, as it increased sales and shaved costs. Its shares rose 4 percent to a six-week high. The passenger vehicle market in Asia's third-biggest economy is forecast to nearly double to 2 million units by 2010, boosted by rising incomes, affordable loans and new product launches. A tax cut earlier ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 2-India's Maruti Q1 net jumps, shares gain" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642