(Adds closing share price, comments) By Rina Chandran MUMBAI, Oct 28 (Reuters) - Top Indian car maker Maruti Udyog Ltd. reported on Friday a stronger-than-expected 42 percent rise in quarterly profit as cost cuts and sales of higher-priced vehicles helped offset firmer raw materials prices. But its operating margin, a key gauge of efficiency, eased to 11.5 percent during the quarter, tripping up its shares on fears pressure on margins will continue in the coming quarters. Shares in ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 2-India's Maruti Q2 net beats forecasts, shares slip" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642