(Adds new quote, closing share price) By Arif Sharif NEW DELHI, Oct 27 (Reuters) - India's biggest car maker, Maruti Udyog Ltd. , fell short of forecasts with a 48 percent jump in quarterly profit, but sales got an unexpectedly large lift amid robust economic growth and low interest rates. Maruti's shares climbed 3.5 percent higher to close at 359.55 rupees, while the benchmark Bombay exchange index finished 0.2 percent higher. Analysts said Maruti's outlook was robust for this ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 2-India's Maruti Q2 profit jumps, outlook robust" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642