* Recall of 100,000 A-Stars, including exports, began in Nov * Cost of recall seen lower than $2.2 mln, says Maruti CFO * Recall affects cars made up to Aug. 22, 2009 * Shares end 3.2 pct lower in firm Mumbai market (Adds official's comments, analyst comments) By Janaki Krishnan MUMBAI, Feb 23 (Reuters) - India's top carmaker Maruti Suzuki India , 54 percent owned by Japan's Suzuki Motor , said on Tuesday it is recalling 100,000 of its A-Star hatchbacks to fix a possible fuel leak. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 2-India's Maruti recalls A-Star on fuel leak" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.