(Writes through with share placement details) MILAN/LONDON, Jan 20 (Reuters) - Italy's Banca Monte dei Paschi di Siena has sold its 2.5 percent stake in Fiat , making it the first bank to sell shares obtained from the conversion of a 3 billion euro loan ($3.63 billion). Fiat's creditor banks last year ended up with about 27 percent of the carmaker's equity after converting the 2002 loan. Monte Paschi said in a statement on Friday that it had sold some 29 million ordinary shares, or 2.5 ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 2-Italian bank Monte Paschi sells Fiat stake" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.