* Italy's largest union calls national strike, marches * Opponents say budget cuts hit workers, spare rich * Workers strike for either four or eight hours (Updates with marches in several cities) By Daniel Flynn ROME, June 25 (Reuters) - Tens of thousands of demonstrators marched through Italian cities on Friday during a general strike by Italy's largest union to protest at cuts by Prime Minister Silvio Berlusconi's conservative government. The left-leaning CGIL, which has six ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 2-Italians strike over Berlusconi's austerity budget" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.