(Updates throughout with auto maker comments, other details) By Chang-Ran Kim, Asia auto correspondent TOKYO, Dec 21 (Reuters) - Automobile sales in Japan are expected to fall 2 percent to 5.63 million units in 2007 from this year, mainly dragged down by a slide in truck demand, the Japan Automobile Manufacturers Association said on Thursday. The drop would follow a 1.9 percent decline to an estimated 5,742,600 vehicles for 2006, when full-sized sedans and compact cars lost ground to ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 2-Japan 2007 auto sales seen down 2%-industry group" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.