(Adds byline, details in paragraphs 6-7, 13-20) By Risa Maeda TOKYO, Feb 22 (Reuters) - Japan plans to boost production of ethanol made of domestic biomass to 6 million kilolitres a year by 2030, a farm ministry official said after a meeting of top officials from the ministry and other ministries concerned. The ministries on Thursday agreed a timetable for increased output of ethanol, a key renewable fuel to reduce Japan's dependence on imported gasoline, by expanding usage of sugar ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 2-Japan to boost local ethanol to 6 mln kl/yr by 2030" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.