* 134 reports in Japan of unintended acceleration over 3 yrs * Of those 38 for Toyota cars, in line with market share * Complaints had already passed routine regulatory review * Ministry says to launch probe amid heightened scrutiny (Adds further details throughout) By Taiga Uranaka TOKYO, Feb 24 (Reuters) - Japan's government said on Wednesday it would investigate 38 previously reviewed reports of unintended acceleration by Toyota Motor cars in Japan in response to the concerns ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 2-Japan to probe Toyota acceleration complaints" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.