(Adds market reaction, background) FRANKFURT, Sept 22 (Reuters) - Market talk that U.S. investor Kirk Kerkorian may be building a stake in Volkswagen pushed shares in Europe's biggest automaker up as much as 5.5 percent on Thursday to a three-year high. "The rumour that is going around is that Kerkorian is buying," said one trader in Frankfurt. "The consensus is that whoever buys now must be a strategic investor because at this price there is no chance of a quick profit." Volkswagen ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 2-Kerkorian rumour pushes VW stock to 3-year high" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.