(Recasts, adds analyst quotes, updates shares) By Kim Kyoung-wha SEOUL, April 29 (Reuters) - Kia Motors Corp. , South Korea's number-two automaker, posted a sharp 89 percent fall in first-quarter operating profit, on a stronger currency, higher material costs and sluggish local sales, knocking its shares to a 3-month low on Friday. Kia, an affiliate of top auto maker Hyundai Motor Co. , said hefty gains from shareholdings such as in auto parts maker Hyundai Mobis helped lift net profit ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 2-Kia Motors Q1 operating profit, shares tumble" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.