(Adds details, company, analyst comments, shares) By Cheon Jong-woo, SEOUL, Jan 27 (Reuters) - Kia Motors Corp. , South Korea's second-biggest auto maker, reported a forecast-beating 84 percent rise in quarterly profit on Friday, helped by strong sales of new models and a big corporate tax refund. Kia, an affiliate of the country's top carmaker Hyundai Motor Co. , also forecast operating profit would rise more than ten-fold to 800 billion won ($825.6 million) in 2006, led by cost ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 2-Kia Motors Q4 profit rise beats forecasts" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642