(Updates with quotes, shares, background) By Cheon Jong-woo SEOUL, April 28 (Reuters) - South Korea's second-largest car maker, Kia Motors Corp. , more than doubled its first-quarter operating profit on improved sales, but fell short of market forecasts as a strong won dented overseas earnings. New models should help earnings growth in upcoming quarters, but a firmer won will continue to pressure those earnings as Kia sells more than 75 percent of its vehicles abroad. For 2006, Kia ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 2-Kia Q1 op profit jumps, but checked by firm won" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.