(Adds new details, paragraphs 3-4) PARIS, Feb 26 (Reuters) - France's Lagardere said on Wednesday it was halting production of Renault's Avantime car, calling the futuristic coupe a commercial failure. The decision by Lagardere, whose Matra Automobile unit assembles the Avantime for Renault, effectively puts an end to the media firm's automobile business. An industrial source said the decision also marked the end of Lagardere's attempts to sell the car assembly unit, which employs ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 2-Lagardere halts production of Renault Avantime car" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.