(Adds details from conference call, remarks from analysts) SOUTHFIELD, Mich., Jan 27 (Reuters) - Lear Corp. , the world's fifth-largest automotive parts supplier, on Monday posted a quarterly profit, boosted by higher vehicle production in North America, and said it expected company sales to rise in 2003. Business with General Motors and Asian automakers in the period also contributed to increase the company's five-year sales backlog to $4 billion from $3.6 billion. But production levels ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 2-Lear posts profit, boosted by N.America production" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.