(Rewrites throughout, adding Lower Saxony, investor comments) by Christiaan Hetzner HAMBURG, Germany, April 24 (Reuters) - A low turnout at Volkswagen's annual meeting crowned Porsche as the first shareholder to exercise a majority in Europe's largest carmaker since its privatisation in 1960. Months after Europe's highest court ruled the decades-old Volkswagen Law unfairly limited shareholder rights, Porsche, which aims to increase its 31 percent stake in VW to a majority, was allowed ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 2-Low turnout at Volkswagen AGM gives Porsche majority" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.