(Adds quotes, analyst comments) FRANKFURT/KUALA LUMPUR, Nov 20 (Reuters) - Malaysia and Volkswagen , the world's fourth-largest carmaker, have ended talks aimed at setting up a cooperation deal with struggling national carmaker Proton Holdings . It was the second time in two years that VW-Proton talks over cooperation have ended without a deal, but VW said it still planned to build up a production base in Southeast Asia. Malaysia announced on Tuesday that it would no longer look for a ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 2-Malaysia ends talks with VW, GM over Proton" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.