(Adds quotes) KUALA LUMPUR, Feb 27 (Reuters) - Malaysia's Sime Darby Bhd reported on Thursday a 12 percent rise in half-year earnings on the back of firmer palm oil prices, but warned of a tougher second half. Although Sime said it was optimistic for the rest of the financial year, it warned that results might be hit by continuing pressure on margins of its motor vehicle distribution unit, greater competition for tyre products and a potential war in Iraq. Sime shares, suspended on ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 2-Malaysia Sime profit up on palmoil, H2 seen tougher" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.