(Recasts, adds details) By Soo Ai Peng KUALA LUMPUR, May 21 (Reuters) - Malaysia may impose a windfall tax on industries least affected by inflation to help curb price pressures, a government minister said on Wednesday, as annual inflation climbed to a 15-month high in April. "One of the proposals that we have considered is to impose excess profit tax or windfall tax," Domestic Trade Minister Shahrir Samad told reporters. "The concept is to make sure that there is a fair distribution ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 2-Malaysia weighs windfall tax as prices rise" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.