(Adds company quotes) KUALA LUMPUR, Feb 27 (Reuters) - Malaysia's top carmaker Proton reported a surprise loss on Friday in its fiscal third quarter to the end of 2003, putting it on track to miss full-year forecasts as sales of foreign marques outpaced its ageing models. "If we do not accelerate product development, then the company's position will be worse," Proton Chief Executive Tengku Mahaleel Tengku Ariff told a news conference. Perusahaan Otomobil Nasional Bhd (Proton) lost ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 2-Malaysia's Proton posts Q3 loss; seen off track" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.