(Recasts with Daimler confirmation) By Michael Shields, European Auto Correspondent FRANKFURT, Oct 31 (Reuters) - German truckmaker and industrial group MAN has re-entered talks to acquire DaimlerChrysler's MTU Friedrichshafen heavy diesel engine unit, DaimlerChrysler said on Monday. Confirming an earlier report by Reuters, a spokeswoman for the world's fifth-biggest carmaker said MAN had replaced buyout firm CVC, which had dropped out of the list of bidders. "MAN is back in for ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 2-MAN back in talks to buy Daimler MTU diesel unit" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642