(Adds comments from companies) FRANKFURT, Jan 23 (Reuters) - German truckmaker MAN bowed to pressure and dropped its 10.5 billion euro hostile bid for rival Scania , vowing to hold further negotiations to reach a friendly deal instead. MAN also left the door open to abandon its efforts to create the European truck market leader entirely and "explore other options to achieve greater efficiency through scale", it said on Tuesday. Scania along with its two largest shareholders -- ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 2-MAN drops hostile Scania bid, seeks friendly deal" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.